At Rolling Hills Dentistry of Danbury, CT our head cosmetic dentist, Dr. Blake Winokur, uses the most advanced dental technology to provide a premier experience for every patient. We value making every dental experience as easy as possible for every patient, which is why we have introduced Cerec® technology into our office. Cerec technology is used to create a dental crown in just a single visit to our office.
Traditionally, the dental crown procedure involves taking an impression of the tooth, sending the mold out to the dental laboratory and then placing the dental crown on the gum line along with the other natural teeth. Usually, this involves a couple of dental visits, which can cause a patient not to want a dental crown. However, with our new technology, we are able to take a 3D digital impression of your tooth, as well as create the crown in just a single visit! No more need for a physical impression that can be uncomfortable for some of our patients!
What is CEREC?
CEREC is the short term for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics or CEramic REConstruction. CEREC uses CAD/CAM (computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing) technology to take digital impressions and create a precisely fitted filling so you can save time at the dentist.
What are the benefits of CEREC crowns?
One of the most beneficial parts of a CEREC crown is that it looks and feels like a natural tooth. The ceramic material is matched to your tooth’s color and the 3D imaging technology accurately fits the crown to your bite and gum line. The digital impressions are very precise in developing a tooth structure similar to your natural teeth. Additionally, unlike traditional crowns, a Cerec dentist will develop a ceramic crown that is proven to last just as long, if not longer when you practice good oral hygiene.
What Is The Cerec Crown Process?
When you get a CEREC Crown at Rolling Hills Dentistry, you have an impression made and crown fitted in just one visit! Since we use advanced technology, the process is much quicker than a traditional procedure.
- First, you will consult with Dr. Winokur to determine if you are a good candidate for a Cerec crown.
- Next, the doctor will prepare your tooth by cleaning it and ensuring the structure is intact.
- An intraoral camera is used to take a digital image or impression of your tooth instead of a traditional mold.
- The CEREC software creates a virtual model of the patient’s tooth. The dentist uses the model to then create the crown on the dental software.
- A high-grade ceramic material is then milled to complete your new crown by the CEREC device in our Danbury office.
- The dentist will take the newly created tooth and polish it, and make any finishing touches needed before it is placed. Once the dentist determines the tooth is ready, they will place it alongside your other teeth!
- Your CEREC Crown is perfectly sized, shaped, and shaded to complement your individual smile for optimal form and function.
We complete the CEREC Crown process in one visit!
Am I A Good Candidate For A Dental Crown?
Are you missing teeth or experiencing tooth decay? Do you have gaps between your teeth that require a large filling? If so, you may be a great candidate for a dental crown! Often times, one of the first thing you notice about someone is their smile. Unfortunately, not all of us are happy with ours. We may be missing teeth for many different reasons, which is why at Rolling Hills Dentistry we offer premier cosmetic dentistry services.
If you would like to schedule a free consultation with our dentist, Dr. Blake Winokur, then give us a call today! You deserve a smile you are proud of and we are here to help. Moreover, our staff will do everything they can to ensure you are comfortable and satisfied with the service you receive.
Why Rolling Hills Dentistry?
Aside from being the best dentist in Danbury, CT, Rolling Hills Dentistry offers a premier dental experience for patients of all ages. Your care and comfort are of the utmost importance to us. Additionally, our head dentist, Dr. Blake Winokur, is the best Cerec dentist in Danbury. Dr. Winokur, assisted by his staff has performed countless Cerec dental crown procedures.